My life thus far is short, I realize that 23 is young, I'm not yet a quarter of the way through. However I am someone who tends to understand when a life altering event has happened.
Tonight I finished my last shift at the Pizza Shop. It was more sweet than bitter and hugs were to be had as I left. Tomorrow mid-morning I will begin a new chapter at a local Community Bank. And while I sit here quietly in my little apartment I feel as if with the start of tomorrow my life will never be the same. I have passed quietly from one page to the next without much at all. In books, movies and tv shows these things always seem so much greater than they are. There are going away parties, big revelations and entire soundtracks, but today as I walked out the glass door for the final time and passed over the threshold to become just another customer there was no cake, no big goodbye and no song to heighten the moment. I simply walked to my car as I always do and drove home as I always have.
So maybe no one has witnessed this transformation in my life, maybe it's just passing silently through the world, but for me it's loud and clear.
:)
ReplyDeletewow. are you kiddin me with this? You are a BEAUTIFUL writer! Seriously, amazing. Gosh! How lovely!
ReplyDelete